Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
To open your account, we need to obtain certain personal information from you, such as your full name, address, email, phone number and your fax number. You will be required to provide information to our third party payment provider to authorize your payment. For certain high value transactions, we may be required to report personal information to the relevant authorities or partners.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
This website contains links to third party websites. Please be aware that notebooksadapter.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third party websites. We encourage users to read the privacy statements of each website they visit by clicking a link on our website. This privacy statement applies solely to the notebooksadapter.com website and the notebooksadapter.com services.
notebooksadapter.com protects your personal data against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Once logged into your Account, all internet communication is secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high security 128bit encryption. And all payment transactions will be secured as well. You must never share your Account or login details with anyone. If you are concerned that any of your login details have been compromised, you can change them any time you like once you are logged on, however you should immediately contact Customer Services and tell us why you think your login details have been compromised.
Notification of Changes
Changes to this privacy statement are posted on our website. If we are going to use your personal data in a manner different to the uses stated at the time of collection we will also notify you via email. You may object to any new use of your personal data by contacting Customer Service, however, we will treat such an objection as a notice to terminate your notebooksadapter.com Account.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Questions regarding our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Statement, or other policy related material can be directed to our support staff by clicking on the "Contact Us" link in the side menu.